September 4, 2007 – New Orleans, Louisiana – Breast Cancer Support Group Organizers “EnCourage” Monthly Participation.
New Orleans, Louisiana – September 4, 2007 – In its efforts to encourage patients to learn more about important breast health issues, as well as meet the needs of women at different stages in the treatment and recovery process, the Center for Restorative Breast Surgery announces the launch of a unique monthly support group series suitably entitled EnCourage. The meetings, which are free and open to the public, will take place the second Wednesday of each month at the Center for Restorative Breast Surgery facility at 1717 St. Charles Avenue from 5:30pm until 6:30pm.
“We are treating the whole person, not only providing the best in medical and surgical cancer care, but also offering the types of emotional and psychological support that will help our patients cope during these difficult times,” encourages Liz Markey, Certified Surgical Technician (CST) and Patient Educator. “These support groups are a part of a continuum of cancer care that stretches from early prevention through to treatment,” continues Penny Banks, RN. The first of these monthly meetings, to be held on Wednesday, September 12, 2007, will be an introduction to EnCourage and our world-class treatment center.
Upcoming EnCourage Support Group Meeting Schedule and Topics:
- Wednesday, September 12, 2007 – Introduction to The Center for Restorative Breast Surgery and Seminar Series
- Wednesday, October 10, 2007 – Genetic Testing and Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Wednesday, November 14, 2007 – Nutrition during and after Treatment
- Wednesday, December 12, 2007 – Dealing with Holiday Stress through Massage Therapy
- Wednesday, January 9, 2008 – “Super” Husband Support
- Wednesday, February 13, 2008 – Aromatherapy for Recovery
EnCourage Support Groups:
Are held at the Center for Restorative Breast Surgery –
1717 St. Charles Avenue
Held on Select Wednesdays at 5:30pm until 6:30pm
Free and Open to the Public. Space is Limited.
* Reservations Required. Call 504.899.2800
To find our more information about EnCourage Support Groups please call Katie at 504-899-2800.